Monday, April 10, 2017

Separate the Reds


sold.

I've been experimenting lately with process. There are SO many different ways to go about painting. I've been using my island to ocean method for so long that I feel a little stuck with it. And I thought - if I go about things in a different way, will I get different results? And most importantly (for me right now), will I enjoy it more?

So for this one I laid in a kind of loose block-in for all the objects, moving around quite a bit, trying not to put any hard edges in until the end, when I started refining. I think this is probably a common method, but not for me.

I don't have any answers to my questions yet, but I will keep trying stuff.

1 comment:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

I could use that island to ocean demo on a regular basis.
Maybe you could make an art byte on it.
hint hint